Would you like to take a tour and discover Turkey’s amazing local flavors. So join Edwin Holidays on this tour from East to West, North to South all around with this tasty Turkish cuisine.
Turkish cuisine has always been classified as one of the major cuisines in the world. Turkish cuisine has established its reputation for having a very rich and pure flavor despite its simplicity.
Turkish cuisine is full of diffirent spices and how they combine together. Turkish cuisine has a large heritage from the Ottoman cuisine and has in turn influenced those and other neighbouring cuisines, including those of Southeast Europe, Central Europe, and Western Europe.
Black Sea Region uses fish extensively, especially the Black Sea anchovy and that include starter dishes.
The cuisine of the southeast is famous for its variety of Kebabs, starters and dough-based desserts such as Baklava, Şöbiyet, Künefe and Kadayıf.
The Aegean, Marmara and Mediterranean regions are rich in vegetables, herbs, and fish.
Central Anatolia has many famous specialties, such as Keşkek, Mantı and Gözleme.
1. Mantı: Mini Ravioli served with garlic yoghurt and tomato sauce.
2. Köfte: Turkish Meatball
3. Lahmacun: Turkish Style Pizza
4. Menemen: Turkish Style Scrambled Eggs with Onions, Pepper and Tomato
5. Şiş Kebap: Turkish Style Skewer Kebab
6. Döner: It is a type of Kebab it is Roasted and usually served in a bun bread with greens and tomato. ( You can either have it with meat you chicken)
7. İskender Kebap: This Kebab is served with pide bread ( Turkish pita bread ), yoghurt and butter
8. Soup: Turkish soup are very known and they are named after their main ingredients such as; Lentil soup, Yoghurt soup, Ezogelin ( Red Lentil Soup ), Tarhana ( Dried Curds Soup )
9. Starters(Meze): Turkey has a lot of Starters such as; Sigara Böreği ( Deep Fried Turkish Pastry with White Cheese), Haydari ( Thickened Yoghurt with Dill and Garlic ), Turşu ( Pickled Vegetables ), Humus, Muhammara ( Tomato with Pepper Paste, Garlic and Roasted Pepper), Babagannuş ( Aubergine with Garlic, Pepper and Pepper paste ), Tarator ( Walnuts with yoghurt and bread ), Kısır ( Bulgur Wheat mixed with Tomato Paste, Green Onions, Dill and Tomatoes ).
10. Yaprak Sarma: Rice wrapped in Grape Leaves. It can be eaten hot or cold.
11. Çiğ Köfte: Bulgur Wheat, Tomato paste, greens. Served with pomegranate syrup.
12. Börek: Turkish Pastry with Potato, Cheese, White Cheese, Mince Meat or Spinach.
13. Ayran: A Yoghurt drink.
14. Şalgam: Turnip Juice
15. Baklava: Pastry Dessert served with syrup.
16. Şekerpare: Almond based pastry served with syrup.
17. Turkish Coffee: It is a bit like an Americano but with coffee grounds.